Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Talk4Writing - Mythical Creatures

At Tom Price Primary School we are beginning a new adventure and teaching writing using the Talk4Writing program.  

Talk for Writing enables children to imitate the key language they need for a particular topic orally before they try reading and analysing it. Through fun activities that help them rehearse the tune of the language they need, followed by shared writing to show them how to craft their writing, children are helped to write in the same style.

This slide share was our whole school hook and had students hunting for mythical creatures around the school during recess and lunchtimes for a number of days after our hook assembly was held with our enthusiastic Principal engaging our students into the topic of Mythical Creatures.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jazz Rolton, my name is Philip,

    I am interested in this particular post because this is the newest post on your blog I’ve seen. There are a lot of mysteries in this slide that I am hoping to solve. I also like all the questions you put in there so it doesn’t bore the reader. Thank you very much for letting me read this slide.

    Kind regards,

    Philip

    http://rangikura-sb-philip.blogspot.co.nz/
    http://rangikura-cb-room10.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you did it on something that pulls the readers in and I like how you put everything in the places like how you put the crown on the plant and the snakes on the grass

    William From Bayfield School

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your questions and your illustrations, we would love to see photos of your school especially since we live in NZ it would be interested to see what a school in Australia looks like. I loved how much work went into that slide but next time maybe add one or two more slides.
    Kate from Bayfield

    ReplyDelete