Thursday, February 25, 2016

My 2016 Holiday - Recount


My 2016 Holiday

Hi, my name is Locky, and I’m writing about my most recent holiday. I went with my Mum, Dad and my brother, Angus. We went fishing, snorkelling and much more!

My first destination was Coral Bay, and it was very windy there. We stayed at a family cabin for the first few nights, and then we stayed at a chalet, which was much nicer than the other one. We had Christmas there, which was very exciting. I got some clothes, a few books, some money, a board game, some fishing stuff, from Santa I got a cricket Australia cap and ball, and from Mum and Dad I got some lefty cricket gloves. We went snorkelling, and we saw some really tiny fish that looked like Coral Trout, that are delicious to eat.

Our next destination was Exmouth, where we caught lots of fish. We stayed at the Lighthouse Caravan Park, and we saw the Vincents' there. We went fishing almost every day, and on our second day we caught two MASSIVE tuna just off Bundegi boat ramp, about 80cm long! I caught a Coral Trout, but it was too small so we had to give it the old kiss n’ drop. Thankfully we didn’t catch any cod because they spew dead eels into your boat. We rode in our doughnut, which we tied to the back of the boat, and skipper Dad went really fast!

Our final destination was Perth; this is where we were involved in a swimming competition. We raced in the rookie meet and the Country Championships. We went to Bounce, which was very exciting. We also went to Escape in the city, where there were giant inflatable water-slides. It was the best thing ever!

So, rounding up I went to Coral Bay, Exmouth and Perth, and I’ve had some great experiences along the way. I’ve played, fished and raced my way through the holidays. They went way too quick, don’t you think?                 


By Lachlan

1 comment:

  1. spewing cods!!!EEwww. Sounds like a fabulous holiday Locky

    From Trish and Dave.

    ReplyDelete